I would like to invite you to the GCSE Options Evening which takes place in school on Thursday 31st March 2022 at 6.00pm.
The evening is specifically for pupils in Year 9 and their parents to provide you with information about the options process and the different courses available for study at GCSE. Pupils will this week receive options booklets containing information about their individual learning pathways including detailed information about the subjects they can study at GCSE.
The aims of the evening are for pupils and parents to:
· Find out about the GCSE Year 10 & 11 curriculum
· Find out what is involved in studying particular subjects in Years 10 & 11.
· Be aware of the timescales for making choices about Key Stage 4 study.
The evening will include the following parts:
· A presentation about the options process and how to complete the options form.
· An opportunity to visit individual subject areas and find out information about the range of courses on offer and the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
· Opportunity to speak to Mr Edwards (Vice Principal) or Miss Jones (Assistant Vice Principal) about any questions you have about the options process.
Obviously, pupils in Year 9 are encouraged to attend this evening. If they do attend they must wear full school uniform, including school shoes. This is not optional. The evening is not appropriate for younger children and we ask wherever possible they do not attend.
We look forward to meeting with our Year 9 pupils and parents on 31st March.